Frequently Asked Questions
What do Career Guidance Consultants do, and how can they assist me?
Our Career Guidance Consultants help people make and carry out decisions and plans
related to their life or career directions. Various strategies and techniques of professional
career consultants are tailored to the specific needs of the person seeking help, and may
- Conducting individual personalized consulting sessions to help clarify life/career
- Administering and interpreting tests and inventories to assess abilities, interests, and
other factors, and to identify career options.
- Encouraging exploratory activities through assignments and planning experiences.
- Using career planning systems and occupational information systems to help
individuals better understand the world of work.
- Providing opportunities for improving decision-making skills.
- Assisting in developing individualized career plans.
- Teaching job hunting strategies and skills and assisting in the development of
- Helping to resolve potential personal conflicts on the job through practice in human
- Assisting in understanding the integration of work and other life roles.
- Providing support for persons experiencing job stress, job loss, and career transition.
* Note: Clear Career Consulting requires the expertise of a trained professional. Be wary of
services that promise you more money, quick promotions, or guaranteed resumes! Career
issues are usually complex and require a multifaceted approach by a career counselor who
has extensive education, training, and experience.
What Can I Expect From My Clear Career Guidance Consultant?
Each individual is unique and will be treated as such. Your consultant will first assess your
situation to determine if career counseling is appropriate for you. Next, you will work with your
consultant to define the specific goals you wish to achieve. Finally, you will work with your
consultant to develop and implement a plan to reach your goals, and conduct follow up work
as necessary to keep your action plan on track.
Before consultation begins, you will receive a detailed explanation of services and fees.
What if I have to cancel an appointment?
Life happens, and we understand that clients must occasionally cancel appointments. There
is no charge for cancellation if notice is received at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. If
notice is received fewer than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment, or if the client does
not cancel the appointment and does not attend (i.e., is a "no show"), one-half of the
appointment fee will be charged.
How much are the services?
Our services are divided into several categories. Visit our Services page as well as our
Payment and Delivery options page for additional information. Because our services are
tailored to meet individual and specific needs, some pricing may vary as it relates to
consultations and customized packages.
Is there any Follow-Up or Continued Services?
Once your plan has been developed, our career guidance consultants are available to speak
with you regarding questions, concerns, or interpretation of your plan. We will work with you
to assure you understand your plan, as well as assure we are available to meet with you as
necessary for additional follow-up.
Is there anything else I should know?
Visit our Contact Us page for additional inquiries, comments or concerns. You may contact
us via our simple and quick online form, via e-mail, or by phone.
Copyright © 2007-2012 Clear Career Consulting, LLC. All rights reserved.